A Lavish Tapestry of Time
From the earliest Viking conquerors to the impressionist artists, Normandy has always fascinated visitors with the beauty of its countryside and the importance of its role in history. What better way to discover Normandy than with your own native Norman guide!
Its lush pastoral landscape dotted with apple trees, half-timbered farms, castles and magnificent beaches also served as the backdrop for dramatic events that shaped the course of history. Your guide Alain Lemennicier will introduce you to the many faces of Normandy that define the beauty and unique character of his native province.
- Discover the World War II D-Day landing sites.
- Visit Mont-Saint-Michel on its rocky Channel Island.
- Travel back in time to the 11th century as you explore Rouen, Falaise, Bayeux and Caen, towns that evoke the exploits of William the Conqueror.
- See the rich Normandy farms that produce some of France's finest cheeses, and certainly its best cider.
- See the diverse landscapes that inspired paintings of Monet, Millet and Seurat and writings of such authors as Flaubert, Maupassant and Proust.
8 DAYS, 7 NIGHTS
August 19, 2016 - August 26, 2016